This touring plan outlines the best possible way to see what The Wizarding World of Harry Potter has to offer.
This plan is written for those who do not have Gate A or VIP passes. On a very busy day, however, an upgraded pass may be necessary to experience everything included on this list. You can learn more in our guide on upgraded tickets.
There are information booths situated at high-traffic areas throughout the park that distribute current wait times and show schedules. You can also check current wait times, showtimes, and character greeting times on your mobile phone here. (Note that if you should experience slow cell service, free wifi is offered under the network name UNIVERSAL.)
#1 – Entrance to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Head down past DreamWorks Theater (which opens in the summer of 2018). The entrance is located to your right, directly across from the Production Central shop.
#2 – Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
Head all the way down towards Hogwarts Castle and enter between the two hog statues that stand guard over the castle courtyard.
If you do not wish to experience the attraction, a castle walk is provided, which allows you to “tour” the beautiful queue without having to hop on the ride. Ask a team member at the entrance, and you will be given a paper pass to walk through the Gate A line. The pass will be collected as you approach the Gryffindor common room later on in the queue.
Guests who have purchased tickets through the Universal Studios Hollywood website will have early entry access to the Wizarding World beginning one hour prior to posted park hours.
Restrictions and Access: 48 inches; Gate A, VIP, and Single Riders lines offered. The Bottom Line: Soar above Hogwarts Castle and experience an unforgettable, thrilling adventure with Harry Potter and his friends. Wait Times: Up to 15 minutes on slow days; up to 240 minutes on the busiest days.
#3 – Flight of the Hippogriff
Located to the right of the entrance to Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, past the performance stage.
Restrictions and Access: 39 inches; Gate A, VIP, and Single Riders lines offered. The Bottom Line: Learn how to properly greet a hippogriff and take off on a family-friendly coaster. Wait Times: Up to five minutes on slow days; up to 75 minutes on the busiest days.
#4 – Frog Choir/Triwizard Spirit Rally
Located next to Flight of the Hippogriff, across from the second butterbeer cart next to Ollivander’s Wand Shop.
Restrictions and Access: None. The Bottom Line: These two shows are performed on the outdoor stage between Hogsmeade Village and Hogwarts Castle. Neither show is overly impressive or engaging (the Spirit Rally features performances by the Beauxbatons and Durmstang students; the Frog Choir is just that – a frog choir), but fans of Harry Potter will enjoy seeing another aspect of the books and movies brought to life.
#5 – Shops
All spread out across Hogsmeade Village.
There are eight different shopping locations, ranging from candy to house gear to collectibles.
- Zonko’s Joke Shop: located at the front of the land, to the left. Part of Honeydukes. The store sells joker hats, pygmy puffs, elephants on bikes, and much more.
- Honeydukes: located at the front of the land, to the left. Sells candy, such as chocolate frogs, cauldron cakes, chocolate-covered apples, Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor Jelly Beans, bulk candy, gilly water, pumpkin juice, and much more.
- Dervish and Banges: located at the center of the land, underneath the Owlery. Sells Quidditch gear, the Book of Monsters, and house pride gear.
- Gladrag’s Wizardwear: located at the center of the land, next to Dervish and Banges, which it connects with. Sells house robes, Neville’s sweater from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2, Hermoine’s Yule Ball dress, and jewelry.
- Owl Post: located at the center of the land, next to Dervish and Banges, which it connects with. Sells postcards, owl puppets, stationary gift sets, a Hogwarts Express ticket, notebooks, and anything related to writing.
- Ollivander’s: located across from the Magic Neep cart, next to the second butterbeer cart. Sells character wands, original wands, and interactive wands.
- Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment: located across from the Magic Neep cart, connected with Ollivander’s Wand Shop. The shop sells Hogwarts Express-themed items such as pillows, a coin bank, and house robes.
- Filch’s Emporium of Confiscated Goods: located at the end of the land, across from Flight of the Hippogriff. This store sells all kinds of items, including Death Eater-themed merchandise, house gear, and collectibles.
Food is also a part of the whole experience at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
The Three Broomsticks: main restaurant in the land, located to the right of Honeydukes. It sells British fare, including shepherd’s pie and bangers and mash. Another place you can purchase butterbeer. Indoor and outdoor seating available.
Hog’s Head Pub: connected with the Three Broomsticks restaurant. A full-service bar that features exclusive beers and butterbeer both.
Butterbeer carts: there are two carts in the land – one located on the main street at the front of the land, and one next to Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment. Cold and frozen butterbeers available.
The Magic Neep cart: typical cart selling drinks and snacks. Located behind Dervish and Banges, across from Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment.