You’ll find a great collection of your favorite cartoon and live action characters meeting daily throughout Universal Studios Hollywood. Character schedules can change based on actor availability and day-to-day schedules, but below we’ve compiled a list detailing those that often appear and you can expect to see during your visit.
You’ll often bump into characters as you tour the park. Some characters’ schedules aren’t published, particularly atmosphere characters (the policeman, British Royal Guard) and less popular characters (Doc Brown). Popular character schedules are printed on the back of your park map as well as online at http://www.universalstudioshollywood.com/ushwaittimes/ under the “Characters” tab.
Keep in mind even published schedules are subject to change. Check with a team member for day-of updates.
Lines to meet and greet with characters tend to be short at Universal Studios Hollywood and don’t require substantial planning. When it’s your turn, most characters will accept a hug, sign autographs, and pose for a picture. “Face” characters (portrayed by an actor without a mask) will be able to speak to you in-character.
All characters are accompanied by a team member who will gladly take your picture with your camera of choice. Some will take a professional photo available for purchase at the end of your day.
Below is a list of characters currently meeting throughout Universal Studios Hollywood. Bear in mind this list can change at any time; ask a team member for day-of updates and schedules.
- Alex the Lion – In front of Moulin Rouge next to Super Silly Fun Land
- Beetlejuice – near Cartooniversal
- Branch – Animation Studio Store on the Upper Lot
- British Royal Guard – on Baker Street
- Curious George – near Cartooniversal; during Lunar New Year, at Universal Plaza
- Doc Brown – tends to roam, often near park entrance or Universal Plaza
- Dora the Explorer – near Jurassic Park: The Ride
- Dracula, Frankenstein’s Monster – meet as a group near Universal Plaza
- French Mimes – on French Street
- Gru, Margo, Agnes, and Edith – meets in front of Miss Hattie’s Home for Girls next to the entrance of Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem
- Hello Kitty – Inside of Animation Studio Store on the Upper Lot across from Starbucks
- King Julien – In front of Moulin Rouge next to Super Silly Fun Land
- Krusty the Clown – near the Studio Tour entrance in front of the Springfield Department of Motor Vehicles
- Living Statue – tends to roam, often near the park entrance
- Marilyn Monroe – Studio Tour boarding area (currently meeting in front of new Animation Studio Store on the Upper Lot until mid-March)
- The Minions – next to Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem
- The Mummy – near Revenge of the Mummy
- Mummy Guards – near Revenge of the Mummy
- New York Street Cop – near Starbucks on the Upper Lot
- Penguins of Madagascar – near Universal Studio Store on the Upper Lot by the Studio Directory board
- Po/Tigress – In front of Moulin Rouge next to Super Silly Fun Land (Located at Universal Plaza for Lunar New Year Event)
- Poppy – Animation Studio Store on the Upper Lot
- Puss in Boots – Donkey’s waffle cart next to Plaza Grill on Upper Lot
- Raptor Encounter – Lower Lot in front of the Jurassic Park ride splashdown area
- Scooby Doo & Shaggy – tend to roam, often near Animal Actors or Universal Plaza
- Shrek, Donkey & Princess Fiona – Donkey’s waffle cart next to Plaza Grill on Upper Lot; can meet individually or as a group
- Sideshow Bob – near the Studio Tour entrance
- The Simpsons: Homer, Marge, Bart, & Lisa – typically meet in pairs outside the Kwik-E-Mart
- Spongebob Squarepants & Patrick Star – in front of the New York facade across from Starbucks in Upper Lot.
- Transformers: Bumblebee, Megatron & Optimus Prime – next to Transformers Supply Vault; Mandarin-speaking Megatron meets in Universal Plaza for the Lunar New Year Celebration
- Woody &
WinnieWoodpecker – typically meet near the front of the park.
Spot a new character or learn that one’s been retired? Send us a tip!