You’ll find a great collection of your favorite cartoon and live action characters meeting daily throughout Universal Studios Hollywood. Character schedules can change based on actor availability and day-to-day schedules, but below we’ve compiled a list detailing those that often appear and you can expect to see during your visit.
You’ll often bump into characters as you tour the park. Some characters’ schedules aren’t published, particularly atmosphere characters (the policeman, British Royal Guard) and less popular characters (Doc Brown). Popular character schedules are printed on the back of your park map as well as online at http://www.universalstudioshollywood.com/ushwaittimes/ under the “Characters” tab.
Keep in mind even published schedules are subject to change. Check with a team member for day-of updates.
Lines to meet and greet with characters tend to be short at Universal Studios Hollywood and don’t require substantial planning. When it’s your turn, most characters will accept a hug, sign autographs, and pose for a picture. “Face” characters (portrayed by an actor without a mask) will be able to speak to you in-character.
All characters are accompanied by a team member who will gladly take your picture with your camera of choice. Some will take a professional photo available for purchase at the end of your day.
Below is a list of characters currently meeting throughout Universal Studios Hollywood. Bear in mind this list can change at any time; ask a team member for day-of updates and schedules.
- Alex the Lion – Universal’s Animal Actors courtyard
- Beetlejuice – near Cartooniversal
- Branch – Universal’s Animal Actors courtyard
- British Royal Guard – on Baker Street
- Curious George – near Cartooniversal; during Lunar New Year, at Universal Plaza
- Doc Brown – tends to roam, often near park entrance or Universal Plaza
- Dora the Explorer – near Jurassic Park: The Ride
- Dracula, Frankenstein’s Monster, & The Mummy – meet as a group near Universal Plaza or Cartooniversal
- French Mimes – on French Street
- Gru & Margo, Agnes & Edith, and
Dru– typically meet in pairs next to Super Silly Fun Land
- King Julien – on French Street next to Universal Plaza
- Krusty the Clown – near the Studio Tour entrance
- Living Statue – tends to roam, often near the park entrance or Cartooniversal
- Marilyn Monroe – Studio Tour boarding area
- The Minions – both yellow and tourist; next to Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem
- Mummy Guards – near Revenge of the Mummy
- New York Street Cop – near Cartooniversal
- Po – Universal’s Animal Actors courtyard
- Poppy – Universal’s Animal Actors courtyard
- Puss in Boots – Donkey’s waffle cart next to Plaza Grill on Upper Lot
- Raptor Encounter – Lower Lot in front of the Jurassic Park ride splashdown area
- Scooby Doo & Shaggy – tend to roam, often near Animal Actors or Universal Plaza
- Shrek, Donkey & Princess Fiona – next to Donkey’s Cart; can meet individually or as a group
- Sideshow Bob – near the Studio Tour entrance
- The Simpsons: Homer, Marge, Bart, & Lisa – typically meet in pairs outside the Kwik-E-Mart
- Spongebob Squarepants – near Universal Plaza or Cartooniversal
- Transformers: Bumblee, Megatron & Optimus Prime – next to Transformers Supply Vault; Mandarin-speaking Megatron meets in Universal Plaza for the Lunar New Year Celebration
- Woody &
WinnieWoodpecker – typically meet near Cartooniversal
Spot a new character or learn that one’s been retired? Send us a tip!