You’ll find a great collection of your favorite cartoon and live action characters meeting daily throughout Universal Studios Hollywood. Character schedules can change based on actor availability and day-to-day schedules, but below we’ve compiled a list detailing those that often appear and you can expect to see during your visit.
You’ll often bump into characters as you tour the park. Some characters’ schedules aren’t published, particularly atmosphere characters (the policeman, director statue) and less popular characters (Doc Brown). Popular character schedules are printed on the back of your park map as well as online at http://www.universalstudioshollywood.com/ushwaittimes/ under the “Characters” tab.
Keep in mind even published schedules are subject to change. Check with a team member for day-of updates.
Lines to meet and greet with characters tend to be short at Universal Studios Hollywood and don’t require substantial planning. When it’s your turn, most characters will accept a hug, sign autographs, and pose for a picture. “Face” characters (portrayed by an actor without a mask) will be able to speak to you in-character.
All characters are accompanied by a team member who will gladly take your picture with your camera of choice. Some will take a professional photo available for purchase at the end of your day.
Below is a list of characters currently meeting throughout Universal Studios Hollywood. Bear in mind this list can change at any time; ask a team member for day-of updates and schedules.
- Beetlejuice – near Animation Studio Store on the Upper Lot
- Branch – near Animation Studio Store on the Upper Lot
- Curious George – near Universal Studios Store; during Lunar New Year, at Universal Plaza
- Doc Brown – tends to roam, often near studio tour unload
- Dora the Explorer – near Animation Studio Store on the Upper Lot
- Dracula, Frankenstein’s Monster – meet as a group near Universal Plaza
- French Dolls – on French Street
- Gru, Margo, Agnes, and Edith – meets in front of Miss Hattie’s Home for Girls next to the entrance of Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem
- Hello Kitty – In front of Animation Studio Store on the Upper Lot across from Starbucks
- King Julien – near Universal’s Animal Actors courtyard
- Krusty the Clown – near the Studio Tour entrance in front of the Springfield Department of Motor Vehicles
- Marilyn Monroe – near Animation Studio Store on the Upper Lot
- The Minions – next to Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem
- New York Street Cop – near Starbucks on the Upper Lot
- Po/Tigress – Across from DreamWorks Theatre (Located at Universal Plaza for Lunar New Year Event)
- Poppy – Across from DreamWorks Theatre on the Upper Lot
- Puss in Boots – Donkey’s waffle cart next to Plaza Grill on Upper Lot
- Raptor Encounter – Lower Lot in front of the Jurassic World ride splashdown area (returns 2019)
- Scooby Doo & Shaggy – next to Starbucks adjacent to The Walking Dead
- Shrek, Donkey & Princess Fiona – Shrek and Fiona meet across from DreamWorks Theatre; Donkey meets adjacent to DreamWorks Theatre
- Sideshow Bob – near the Springfield DMV adjacent to Studio Tour entrance
- The Simpsons: Homer, Marge, Bart, & Lisa – typically meet in pairs outside the Kwik-E-Mart
- Transformers: Bumblebee, Megatron & Optimus Prime – next to Transformers Supply Vault; Mandarin-speaking Megatron meets in Universal Plaza for the Lunar New Year Celebration
- Woody Woodpecker – near Universal Studios Store
Spot a new character or learn that one’s been retired? Send us a tip!