Celebrate the Year of the Pig at Universal Studios Hollywood!
Lunar New Year is back for its fourth year at Universal Studios Hollywood, running daily from Saturday, February 2 to Monday, February 18. 2019’s event will feature character meet-‘n-greet opportunities, live entertainment, and activities the whole family can enjoy.
You can find Lunar New Year inside of Universal Plaza, which has been adorned with red Chinese lanterns and stunning plum blossom trees, along with a recreation of Mr. Ping’s Noodle Shop from Kung Fu Panda.
Lunar New Year 2019 – entertainment
The Jade Palace Performance Stage is returning, which is host to two engaging guest activities:
- Dragon Warrior Kung Fu Training Show – guests of all ages will be able to participate in an interactive martial arts demonstration performed by Master Po and friends. Cultural performances will take place on the stage.
- Feng the Palace Artist’s Stand will have Dreamworks animators demonstrating the practical techniques of drawing their favorite Kung Fu Panda characters as keepsake mementos.
Lunar New Year 2019 – food
Enjoy delicious dishes from Mr. Ping’s Noodle Shop. Mr. Ping himself will invite guests to enjoy his authentic Asian fare and a selection of hot and cold beverages.
The offerings this year include (prices may change):
- Dragon Warrior Bao – $7.99 (2 BBQ pork buns served with soy sauce)
- Secret Ingredient Stir Fry Noodles (Beef: $9.99, Chicken: $9.99, Tofu: $9.99, and Shrimp $10.49)
- Oogway Egg Rolls – $4.99 (Chicken served with sweet chili sauce)
- Po’s Pot Stickers – $7.99 (Steamed pork served with spicy soy sauce)
Lunar New Year 2019 – activities
The bulk of the event is the character meet-‘n-greet opportunities. Mandarin-speaking Megatron and the Minions dressed in traditional Chinese attire will be returning, along with the debut of Hello Kitty dressed in a specially designed Lunar New Year attire and Po and Tigress from Kung Fu Panda.
Universal Plaza will be adorned with customary red Chinese lanterns, along with plum red Wishing Trees for guests to write their own wishes for 2019. The 12 zodiac animal signs will be seen all around the area, with guests being able to learn which one is theirs.
Lunar New Year 2019 – merchandise
Want to take some Lunar New Year merchandise home? Universal Studios Hollywood has you covered. Available for purchase this year are shirts, mugs, tote bags, pins, and traditional red envelopes.
I wanna learn more about Lunar New Year!
We have an entire community of Universal fans discussing the event right now! When you’re done here, join us for vacation planning and more in our Facebook community.