Are you ready to ring in the new year at Universal Studios Hollywood?
On this page, we’ll discuss all the festivities that are happening at both Universal’s theme park and at CityWalk. Be prepared to party like it’s 1999!
Updated: November 29, 2018
EVE 12.31.19 at Universal Studios Hollywood
EVE is an all-new holiday celebration. Taking its name from its counterpart over at Universal Orlando Resort, which is situated at CityWalk Orlando, the West Coast event occurs inside of Universal Studios Hollywood only.
Here is a quick rundown of what you need to know for EVE 12.31.19:
- Universal Studios Hollywood theme park is open from 8:00 am to 2:00 am (all rides and attractions close at 1:00 am, with other select rides and attractions closing earlier)
- EVE entertainment begins at 9:00 pm, concluding at 2:00 am
- Included in any daytime theme park admission
- Three live DJ party areas
- Special drinks and food available for sale
- Three synchronized fireworks displays, with multiple viewing areas from around the park
- Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, featuring The Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts Castle
- Special New Year’s Eve-themed merchandise
- It is strongly recommended to purchase tickets online beforehand, as they may sell out
You may have additional questions about EVE, but don’t you worry – scroll down below for all the details so you can get ready to celebrate Hollywood’s biggest New Year’s Eve event!
Admission to EVE 2019
Admission to EVE 2019 is included in any daytime ticket to Universal Studios Hollywood. With that said, however, Universal is selling special tickets for those annual pass holders who wish to attend but who have blackout dates in effect for December 31. Platimum Annual Passholders may attend the event for free.
The Ultimate EVE Package is available, which includes valet parking, special VIP entrance into the park starting at 6:00 pm, dinner buffet, reserved fireworks viewing area with complimentary Champagne toast, party favors, and unlimited Universal Express access for all rides and attractions. Please note the regular VIP Experience isn’t included with the Ultimate EVE package.
Entertainment at EVE
There are three live-entertainment party areas scattered throughout Universal Studios Hollywood, with each featuring a different type of music:
- Simpsons Plaza – Electric New Year (electronic dance music)
- Lower Lot – Latin Beats (Latin favorites)
- Universal Plaza – Rock the Night (pop/rock/hip-hop)
Once you’ve danced your fill, you’ll be ready for the grand finale – which is, of course, fireworks. At 12:00 am, there will be three synchronized displays, which should create one epic way to rock in 2020. There will be multiple viewing areas for the fireworks show all around the park:
- Universal Plaza
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Lower Lot
- Simpsons Plaza
Food and drinks at EVE
Many of the park’s restaurants will remain open during the event. In addition, there will be a selection of special desserts that will only be available starting at 9:00 pm, when EVE officially kicks off. Look for carts and restaurants all around the park to find the desserts.
Alcoholic drinks (beer, wine, champagne, etc.) will also be available exclusively during the celebration, though a valid ID will, of course, be required to purchase these. And, yes, guests will able to walk freely around Universal Studios Hollywood with their drinks.
Attractions at EVE
Most attractions will be open until 1:00 am, but please note that certain rides and shows will close earlier. Since there’s more of the latter than the former, let’s just go quickly over those right now:
- Last Studio Tour departs at 9:00 pm
- Last Special Effects Show performance is at 7:15 pm
- Last Animal Actors performance is at 5:45 pm
- Last WaterWorld performance is at 8:35 pm
- Last The Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts Castle performance is at 12:05 am, following the end of the fireworks display. Shows run every 30 minutes starting at 6:00 pm until 9:30 pm.
- The Walking Dead closes at 7:40 pm
- Super Silly Fun Land closes at 10:00 pm
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey closes at 11:15 pm
New Year’s Eve celebrations at Universal CityWalk
CityWalk isn’t participating in the EVE event, but certain entertainment venues will host their own separate New Year’s Eve events. Let’s run them down, shall we?
Howl at the Moon
Guests are able to book a New Year’s Eve package, which includes food, drinks, and live entertainment.
- General admission: $25. Includes guaranteed entry
- Ball Drop Patio!: $50 (per person). Includes guaranteed entry, three Premium Drink tickets from 11:00 pm to 1:00 am, Premium open bar from 8:00 pm to 12:00 am, champagne toast at midnight. (Must arrive by 10:00 pm)
- Just Dance: $60 (per person). Includes guaranteed entry, premium open bar from 9:00 pm to 12:00 am, and champagne toast a night; standing room only, no food included (Entry starting at 9:00 pm)
- Big Shot Patio!: $90 (early bird pricing). Includes guaranteed reserved patio seating, two drink tickets from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm, premium open bar from 8:00 pm to 12:00 am, buffet from Buca di Beppo from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm, and champagne toast at midnight. (Must arrive by 9:00 pm)
- Champagne Supernova: $120 (per person)/$400 (per table). Includes guaranteed reserved seating and all benefits from the Big Shot Patio! package. (Must arrive by 9:00pm)
Click here for reservations.
(Howl at the Moon is located on top of Tony Roma’s, adjacent to Johnny Rockets and the Jurassic Parking garage.)
Hard Rock Cafe
Hard Rock Cafe will be offering dinner packages with champagne toasts from 9:00 pm to 12:00 am. Packages will become available on TicketWeb.com at a later date.
DJ Nik at Night will be providing entertainment throughout the night.
(Hard Rock Cafe is located by the Universal Cinema, adjacent to the ET and Curious George parking garages.)
I want to learn more about New Year’s Eve at Universal Studios Hollywood!
We have an entire community of Universal fans discussing the event right now! When you’re done here, join us for vacation planning and more in our Facebook community.