Get your running shoes on as Universal Studios Hollywood opens its theme park and movie studio to the public for a fun run series!
Running Universal is a brand new series of Fun Run marathons at Universal Studios Hollywood.
The second event is on November 16, 2019; starting at 6:00 am, featuring Jurassic World. Runners will be running their way around the theme park and iconic movie studio.
New for this run is a Kids 1K Raptor Run!
Characters and entertainment is provided throughout the entire course.
Running Universal 2019 – Registration
Running Universal is not included in theme park admission and requires guests to register for their spot ahead to time as the event will sell out.
Let’s run them down, shall we?
- Standard Package: $75 per runner. Includes: collectible Jurassic World 5K medal, bib with timing chip, t-shirt, cinch bag, collectible pin, post-race refreshments, custom finisher digital certificate, complimentary parking before 7:30 am, and discounted admission tickets to Universal Studios Hollywood after the race (includes Early Park Admission).
- VIP Package: $145 per runner. Includes all items in Standard Package, PLUS: Exclusive VIP check-in, complimentary preferred parking, post-race VIP breakfast on Universal CityWalk, and a reusable Running Universal water bottle.
- Kids’ 1K Raptor Run: $30 per runner. Includes: Collectible Kids’ 1K Raptor Run meal, t-shirt, digital finisher certificate, complimentary general parking before 7:30 am, and the opportunity to purchase discounted admission tickets to Universal Studios Hollywood after the race (includes Early Park Admission).
- Play All Day Package: Starting at $124 per runner. Includes standard or VIP race registration, PLUS: One free general admission ticket to Universal Studios Hollywood on either November 16 or 17.
- Minion Virtual Race 5K: $49 per runner. Includes: collectible Minion 5K medal, collectible pin, Minion drawstring bag, downloadable Minion running bib, and a custom finisher digital certificate
Annual Pass members and NBCUniversal employees are eligible for $10 off on the Standard and VIP packages.
Registration link HERE.
Running Universal – Runner Info
Like with any registration for a run, runners need to know what’s up, so we’re here to help you out!
- Runners must up their packets at Universal CityWalk prior to the event, day-of run pick ups will not be available. Pick-up times will be announced closer to race day.
- The event starts at 6:00 am, with the running corrals opening up at 5:00 am at the front gate of the theme park.
- Ensure that waivers are signed and completed on the website so you can pick up your race bib (bring Photo ID for verification).
- Runners must keep up a pace of at least 15 minutes per mile or you will be picked up at any point along the course.
- Runners must be at least 5 years of age to participate.
- Security checkpoints will be required for all runners and spectators before entering.
- Costumes may be worn during the event only as long as they follow Universal Studios Hollywood’s costume guidelines (which can be viewed here).
Running Universal – Awards
Awards will be handed out to top finishers in four categories:
- Top 3 Overall Male Finishers
- Top 3 Overall Female Finishers
- Top Overall Male Wheelchair Finisher (push rim only)
- Top Overall Female Wheelchair Finisher (push rim only)
Awards will be mailed out 4-6 weeks following the event.
Running Universal – Course Map and Elevation Chart
More information coming soon!
I want to learn more about Running Universal at Universal Studios Hollywood!
We have an entire community of Universal fans discussing the event right now! When you’re done here, join us for vacation planning and more in our Facebook community.